Tuesday, July 08, 2008

brazillians, mac n' cheese, and strep throat

so basically the past 2 days have royally sucked...
*sigh* where do i begin?
yesterday morning i woke up feeling a little less than great, and nervous as heck because my lovely roommate talked me into going to get a Brazilian wax with her. i'm not going in to detail, because i fear losing some of you as friends... but let me just tell you that it hurt just as much, if not more, than you can imagine... crap. i admit it... i cried. but, crazy as it sounds, i don't regret it. just like polls says... "it's one of those things on your list of things to do before you die". i got so worked up and used so much energy trying NOT to scream profanities at the top of my lungs that i was flipping exhausted when it was all over. i almost fell asleep on the couch while she got hers.
well, on the drive home my body started to ache... my lower back was the worst. we stopped for gas and the pain was unbearable. tears started rolling down my cheeks. polls got back in the car and asked me if i was crying, to which i answered yes, but that i didn't know why. to make matters worse i couldn't make it stop. they just kept coming and more and more of my body started aching. my skin started burning, but i was freezing!! i kept getting chills and goose bumps even though it was hot outside. it hurt to swallow. when we got home i went inside, grabbed my blanket and snuggle pillow and curled up on the couch and cried. sobbed for the first time in who knows how long. and i still didn't know why. i mean yeah, i was in pain, and yeah i had kinda just gone through a bit of a trauma, but sobbing uncontrollably?! what's wrong with me?! i called my best friend, spat and without me saying more than hello he knew something was terribly wrong. i got a long-distance hug, and someone to talk to for a bit while the tears subsided.
unfortunately i had to get up and dressed and make myself look presentable because i had a drug test to take. (yeah, i'm going back to work for Lowe's... long story...)
after that my B convinced me that laying in the sun would make me feel better, so i put on my swim suit and dress and went down to the beach and laid in the sun... but it didn't help. i hugged him goodbye and went home and curled up on my couch again.
i asked a couple friends to come and give me a blessing. p.s. i don't think that i can say it enough, THANKS GUYS!!! you're seriously the greatest ever. and just fyi, i'm feeling 10 times better today.
after that i was forced to sit in a hot bath for half an hour... let me tell you, that's LONG past pruney-finger time... and i had to drink this nasty crap that's supposed to make my throat not hurt anymore. when i got out i dried off and got in my pj's and got my bed all ready to get in, put some water bottles next to it and some saltines. (dang those are good crackers) i took my temperature before i went to bed... sure enough, i had a fever... 102.4
i sweat it off during the night... i had a fan blowing on me and everything! i woke up with soaking wet sheets and clothes... that's just foul. but hey, broke my fever and i'm already feeling better. i discovered that it was strep throat and not the flu, which is what we thought at first... but yeah... i've never felt so crappy before in my LIFE... i really thought that i was going to have to go see a doctor... i HATE the doctor... do i sound like i'm 5? all they ever do is poke me and tell me things i already know and then charge me through the nose for telling me that.
well... TODAY i feel better... not 100% yet, but better. sadly, my roommate had to go to the eye doctor to get her eye checked out that i hit with a pop can about a week ago... i can't remember if i've already told that story, but the short version is we were dorking around playing baseball with a pop can and a steel bat and i smashed her in the eye with the can by accident... i don't think i can apologize enough... i still feel bad, but she keeps telling me not to worry about it... and then today she tells me she's going to the doctor... great. OH! and she had surgery... apparently the black dot she kept seeing when she looked up wasn't a bruise... it was her retina disconnecting from the rest of her flippin eye!! still, she tells me not to worry... how can i not?! i sent my roommate to the doctor for SURGERY and i'm not supposed to worry about it? really?
anyway... i'm spending the night at a friends house because the doctor doesn't want her running the risk of getting infected... i can understand that. i'm just not happy that i can't be there for her like she was there for me last night. i feel bad that i can't take care of her like she took care of me... *sigh*
anyway... i hung out at home today, watching almost every movie i own and drinking water. i had mac n' cheese for the first time in a long time... it was gross, but it was warm and easy to eat... so i suffered through it. besides, i ran out of crackers and straight water wasn't cuttin' it. i was starving.
now i'm just chillin with my little bro... watching Fun With Dick and Jane... HA-larious!!
peace out.

-kmw-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.