Thursday, February 04, 2010

adventures in motion...

i rode to utah with a couple of my brother-in-law's friends in a truck with all my crap tarped and tied to the back in the bed. i was exhausted from singing my lungs out at karaoke the night before (or should i say morning) and running on about 6 hours of sleep for the last handful of days...
let me go back a few days...
the last week in washington was the most traumatic and sad week EVER.
bowling saturday night was a blast... got to see some old friends that i haven't seen for a long time and bowl till we dropped. GREAT FUN
there were a few goodbyes that were especially harder than others...
including a certain someone that i care very much about...
he came over to say goodbye and we decided we needed a caramel apple spice from starbucks.
we drove around talking about things like we always do and when it came time to head home the tears started flowing...
i sat in silence for most of the ride home...
when we pulled into the parking spot at my apartment i couldn't hold back anymore...
we got out of the car and i hugged him and held on for a long time. the whole time he kept saying "kiley, don't cry! please! dont cry!" and trying to get me to quit...
i said "i dont want you to go"
(he was SUPPOSED to be leaving the next morning...)
he hugged me again and held me there for a while until the sobbing subsided.
we were interrupted by a few raccoons messing around in the bushes...
dumb animals...
he's afraid of them... (haha)
he said to go inside before they attacked me (haha!) and he went to his car and opened the door and watched the raccoons a bit more before he got in and drove away...
i stood outside and watched until i couldn't see his car anymore
and then i went inside and completely lost it.
i'm pretty sure my roommate thought i was absolutely insane...
i decided to go to bed, which was awful because i cried myself to sleep...
(for the record, i haven't cried that hard in YEARS...)
i woke up the next morning with puffy eyes and a headache...
that day was my last day of work.
saying goodbye to people at work wasn't as hard as i thought it would be...
i did cry a little when people hugged me, but when it was time to clock out i was OUTA THERE!
i drove home from lowe's one last time.
the next day was spent packing up the rest of my junk and getting it ready to load in the truck.
we loaded it all up, tied it down and then i went and had dinner with my family.
dinner was GREAT! i love my family. they rock.
i went back to my apartment and got ready for my karaoke.
Mr. I'm Leaving in the Morning called me and was still in town so he came over to say goodbye one more time.
he showed up as i was finishing my hair for my karaoke going-away party.
i finished up and sat on his lap and we talked for a little while.
i told him i was sorry about my emotional episode and that i would restrain myself this time.
this goodbye was much better.
we kissed goodbye (mushy, i know, but it was sweet) and i walked him to the door...
i left seconds after he did because i was running late to my own party!
as i was driving toward the freeway i pulled up next to him and stuck my hand up on the window in the ASL symbol for "i love you"
he pointed at himself "me?"
i nodded.
he smiled.
i pulled ahead and he got behind me.
i started to cry.
had to stop myself though, because i just did my makeup!
i rushed to my parents, met up with r.e.l. and we were off.
we arrived and were the only ones there until my great friends joooody, jon-ay and aaron showed up!
we laughed and talked and i sang...
my songs:
before he cheats - carrie underwood
gunpowder and lead - miranda lambert
i sang at the top of my lungs and almost lost my voice so i kept coughing, but i did well according to my friends! (hopefully they're not just being nice)
at the end of the night i hugged everyone and said goodbye.
i went back to the apartment and crashed on the couch after packing up a few more things and changing my outfit to a more travel-friendly pair of leggings and a sweatshirt.
they picked me up about 3 hours later and we loaded up the last few things and hit the road...
well... almost.
we stopped by my parents house where mom and dad were waiting with a bag of food and hugs.
i said goodbye to them, tried not to cry, got in the truck and we drove off.
i slept for about half an hour and then started texting...
about an hour later i started to feel sick...
no good...
i'm one of those kids that gets car-sick if i'm not looking out the window...
i said "next rest-stop we gotta pull off... i don't feel too hott"
we were in the middle of the pass and it was snowing.
the next stop didn't come fast enough.
i had to get out and NOW.
we pulled off the side of the road and i almost didn't make it...
i had to put my hand over my mouth and wait for him to open my door and let me out.
i jumped from the truck and landed in the snow, wearing short leggings, flip-flops and a sweatshirt, and hurled my guts out on the side of the road.
the best part? the only thing i had eaten was a poppy seed muffin.
needless to say it made for some interesting designs in the snow...
so gross.
to make matters worse, while i was puking the driver thought he should check on the load.
turns out the tarp we had used to cover it all was torn to shreds.
soooo we pulled of at the next stop
(which happened to be about 100yards from where i was throwing up)
and purchased a new tarp and some Gatorade and crackers for me...
i laid in the back seat of the truck and called my parents to give them the update on the situation.
we finally got back on the road 2+ hours later...
i slept for most of the rest of the trip.
we finally pulled into town at 2am.
we arrived at the house and started unloading the truck.
oh, did i mention that as we pulled in it was only 4 degrees outside?!
single digit.
we finally got everything inside and my bed (more or less) set up, which is all i really cared about and i crashed...
i'm pretty sure i slept most of the day...
my best friend came over and we started unloading a few things.
since then i've decorated and re-decorated, arranged and re-arranged a few times.
i'm loving it.
my girls are AWESOME!! i love them so much!!
we have such a good time together!!
i hope you've enjoyed my traveling adventure...
until next time.



emily said...

you neglected to mention one teeny tiny detail ... you left your PET rodent behind and now your older sister (who doesn't want pets) has adopted the abandoned rodent ... since the neices and nephews won't let her leave it at the nearest pet store!

Anonymous said...

1, tetracycline for acne,

Anonymous said...

2, accutane,

المثالي اون لاين said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجاري بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالجبيل