Thursday, February 18, 2010

the cure for laryngitis: shut up!!

so... i'm home from work today with a bit of laryngitis plus a fever... i figured now is as good a time as any to blog!

this stupid sickness has been really interesting for me because i'm usually one of the loudest people on earth...
and being without a voice really sucks! i literally was whispering for 3 days straight because that's all the sound that would come out...
turns out that was a BAD idea because whispering is more harsh on the vocal chords than talking...
my boss, Dan, printed off a thing about laryngitis for me yesterday, plopped it down on my desk and said "we're gunna get you better!"
it was pretty funny.
i'd like to take this opportunity to point out that Shea was spot-on...
he was over on monday and said "ya know what the cure for your throat is?"
i said... well, whispered, "what's that?"
he said "shut up."
i laughed so hard!
but he was so right!
on the list of things on the print out Dan gave me the first thing is "avoid speaking"...
go figure.
so i didnt talk all day yesterday unless i absolutely HAD to and my voice is slowly returning.
the only bad thing is now other symptoms of laryngitis ar showing today...
i now have a fever...
rar.
on top of that all the coughing i've been doing has made it so that every time i cough it feels like someone is kicking me in the ribs.
and i cough so hard i almost hurl my guts out...
it's pretty much awful.
and THEN i sliced my finger open on a spatula yesterday...
i'm not having a very good week it seems...
well... not a very good week with my health that is...
i've been having a FANTASTIC week other than that!!
i am no longer wondering what the crap i'm doing in Utah...
i'm having the time of my life.
i love my roommates.
i love my friends.
i love my GIRLS!
i'm meeting people all the time and having a blast.
life is good.

-kmw-

1 comment:

emily said...

i'm glad you're happy ... love you!