Tuesday, April 08, 2008

what's the word i'm looking for??

irritated? livid? pissed? angry? upset?
... all those and more...
for anyone wanting to purchase/order skate shoes, DON'T do it at Journey's. instead order your shoes from Zumiez or PacSun. at least THEY know what they're doing! the people i've spoken to over the past 3 or 4 days at Journey's, trying to locate my shoes, couldn't find their butt with both hands and a map. i swear. i'm really irritated with those stupid sales ASSociates at Journey's

sequence of events:
Saturday 3/29/08 purchase shoes
Monday 3/31/08 order shipped
Tuesday 4/1/08 actual shipping date
Friday 4/4/08 called to check on order
Monday 4/7/08 order delivered to WRONG address
Tuesday 4/8/08 me, livid, shoeless...

explanation:
i went to visit my sister the last weekend in March. while i was over there we went to Journey's and ordered some absolutely magnificent shoes but due to the fact that they didn't carry my size i ordered them and had them shipped to my work because i knew for sure someone would be here to sign for them. the chick at the checkout told me they would take 3-7 business days, not counting weekends, to get to me.
i called the store on Friday, the guy told me that they were shipped on 3/31/08 and that they "should be arriving any day now". i asked if there was a tracking number or something, to which he replied "nope, all we know is that they were shipped Monday."
so here it is, Tuesday, day 7 of the "3-7 business days, not counting weekends" and i am still shoeless. i'm pissed. i called the store AGAIN, this time a chick answered the phone. she asked for my name to look up the order, then asked me if i was sure it was that store that i had ordered them at. uh, yeah! so she looked it up and told me they were shipped on 4/1/08... i told her what the guy had said to me and she said "well, no, they were shipped on the first." i'm sorry, i was just telling you what he told me. she then said that she could give me a 1800-number to call. i told her that the guy i talked to Friday said that there was no number and no way i could track them... she said "well, there's only one guy that works here and he's a manager... i don't think he would have told you that." well tough beans chick! he did! and you're a wench!
she gave me the number, i called it, a British guy answered the phone and said that i had the wrong number, but gave me the right one, giving me the impression that this has happened before... apparently the idiot at Journey's had given me the wrong last 4 digits of the number. uh, hello?!
now i'm angry. i finally get a hold of UPS and the guy there, totally nice, finds my order no problem. he says he can give me an exact location with his GPS and tell me when it will be delivered. i calmed down a little. much to my dismay he says:
"uh... it looks like it was delivered on 4/7/08... yesterday..."
"well, i don't have them...??"
"uh-oh, looks like they were delivered to 12707 120th STREET, not 120th AVENUE... and it looks like they didn't even get the suite number on the delivery address"
"crap... i'm not even sure where that is"
"is 120th street a lot different than 120th avenue?"
"yeah, it is... dang it!"
"well, let me get a hold of the UPS store that delivered it and find out where it is for you, can you hold?"
"yeah. thanks"
*2 minutes later*
"ok, looks like they were left on the door step at 12707 120th STREET, but we can just put in a claim and retrieve your package and then re-route it to 12707 120th AVENUE. it will take a couple of days, but it will get to you, i promise."
"ok..."
"if for some reason it can't be retrieved you'll get your money back, we haven't been paid for this either..."
"ok. thanks so much"
"no problem, is there anything else i can do for you? i'm really sorry about this!!"
"nah, it's ok, thanks."
SO... now they have to find my shoes, hopefully beat the living crap out of the idiot that wrote down the wrong address and left my shoes on a doorstep, and re-route my shoes and i'll have them in a few days. he also said that he would give me a call when he got more information. he was nice. i'm a little less upset now...
rar.
i want my shoes!!!!

-kmw-

2 comments:

emily said...

just how much did you pay for these elusive shoes? if you say anything over $30 i'm going to kick you the next time i see you! love ya

kiley said...

i'm not saying anything... i dont want to be kicked... the threat alone is enough to keep me silent ;) haha!!
love ya too!
here smell it's pear!